Mid to Senior Level PHP Developer
Are you a talented PHP developer looking for a new challenge? If so, we would love you to consider working for us and become part of a growing and ambitious team here at Precept.
This exciting developer role provides a unique opportunity to work on a range of projects. You'll be part of a fantastic team too, including our three studio dogs and a cracking view of the marina at St Peter's Basin.
The role is for a mid to senior level developer to join the Precept team here at our Newcastle studio.
What we offer:
- A salary of up to £28k (depending on experience)
- Annual review of salary 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Supported Continuing Professional Development
- A flexible approach to your working day
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team incentives Regular paid social activities through the Precept Social Club
- Dog-friendly office, located in a marina
- Macbook and other relevant technology to enable you to perform at your best
What you will be doing:
Working collaboratively within the Precept team, your role will be to develop and maintain a wide range of high quality web projects.
You will work closely with the Technical Director on continual improvement of systems and processes to increase efficiency and quality of the development team's output.
- Plan, develop and maintain new projects, whilst support existing projects, built on a variety of stacks/platforms.
- Participate in strategy/planning/design reviews to ensure projects are deliverable within the available time/budget.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain/improve the department's quality of output and project reviews to maintain/improve the business' quality of output.
- Manage support tickets, including delegation and oversight of lower level support tickets.
- Snag/test own work, along with that of your colleagues, to ensure design, functionality and usability are of the required standard.
- Gather and analyse data to evidence results and/or unearth scope for improvement in a project.
- Assist with scoping and costing of potential projects.
The ideal person would have:
- 2+ years working in an agency, i.e. comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects at a time.
- Experience of working within a development team using a Git workflow, such as the Git Feature Branch Workflow.
- Competent PHP/MySQL developer comfortable picking up new frameworks and APIs on a project by project basis.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of search/conversion optimisation, including Google analytics/ads, meta/structured data, canonical tags, sitemaps, rewrites, open graph, page speed etc.
- Web/email server management via control panel or command line interface
- Experience managing web/email hosting accounts, domain and DNS configuration
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both within the team and with clients.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and know how your tasks fits into the wider project schedule.
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you had:
- Experience with CakePHP, Shopify, React JS and/or React Native
- Experience of using Apple Mac's
- Must be a self starter, able to organise your own workload and have a pro-active attitude
- Full UK driver license and access to a car
Please note: References will be required and no agencies please.